Is your water heater not producing hot water? Is your shower draining slowly? Do you have a burst pipe that’s quickly causing severe damage to your house? Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services! We provide full plumbing services - including 24-hour emergency services - to Victoria, BC and the surrounding areas. When you schedule an appointment with us we’ll provide straightforward pricing and guarantee we’ll show up on time!
Proudly Serving Victoria, BC & The Surrounding Areas
We provide quality, on-time plumbing services to the following areas:
We strive to exceed the expectations of our customers. Read our customer testimonials to see how our clients rate our work!
How to Avoid a Burst Pipe at Your Home?
A burst pipe can quickly turn into a plumbing emergency at your house. To avoid the extensive damage and health risks a burst pipe can cause, learn how you can prevent this from happening through these tips:
- Ensure your pipes are properly insulated during colder weather. If they’re not, you can apply a heat wrap to prevent them from freezing.
- Keep water running at a trickle in your sinks during the winter months to promote a constant flow in the piping system.
- Call a professional if you notice reduced water pressure.
- Look for signs of leaks inside your property.
- Have your pipes inspected regularly by a professional.
- Replace your aging pipes.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
Are you showering in standing water? Is there a foul odour coming from your kitchen sink? These can signal you might need professional drain cleaning services. Other signs to watch for can include:
- Slow drains: If water drains very slowly in your sinks, bathtub or shower, this can indicate a clog or pipes that have been narrowed due to build-up of minerals or grease. A plumber can remove the blockages and restore a steady flow down your drains.
- Recurring clogs: If you tried to remove a blockage of hair and other substances from your drain, only to have it get clogged again, it can mean you’re not completely removing the blockages and need a professional to clear the clog.
- Several drains are clogged: If several drains are clogged at the same time it can indicate a larger problem than slow drains. This can signal a severe blockage in your mainline that a plumber needs to inspect.
- Foul odour: If you smell foul odours coming from your drain it can signal there is food trapped in the drain, or it can indicate a larger problem, like a major issue with your sewer line. Have a professional inspect the issue to determine the cause and treatment.
- Flooding: Flooding in your basement or near a floor drain can indicate a severe problem with your drainage system - a sewage backup. You need to have a plumber examine the problem before you have contaminated water on the floor.
We understand that money may be tight right now. That doesn’t mean you should delay getting your plumbing issues repaired. Ask us about our financing options.
Common Water Heater Problems
You rely on your water heater to provide hot showers, hot water to wash dishes and do laundry, and more. To avoid being unexpectedly left with cold water in your house it’s important to call a plumber when you start to notice an issue with your unit. Some common problems you might encounter can include:
- Lack of hot water: This can be due to an extinguished pilot light, or a more serious problem like a damaged heating element.
- Leaking: All leaks should be inspected by a plumber to determine if they can be repaired or if the unit needs to be replaced.
- Excess noise: Loud or unusual noises coming from the system can signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment.
- Cracks: Any cracks in the unit should be inspected to decide if they can be repaired.