When your sewer line needs repairs, you need to take action quickly. Leaving this problem untreated can result in health problems for your family and can cause damage and contamination to your home. Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services for accurate and fast sewer line repairs and replacements. We offer 24-hour plumbing services to Victoria, BC.
When you have a deep sewer line issue, contact us about our sewer video inspection services.
What Causes Sewer Line Problems?
Problems with your sewer line are never welcomed events. To prevent risks to your household and your property these need to be repaired quickly. Watch for these problems that can cause damage to your sewer line so you can schedule timely repairs:
- Drain clogs that block the line.
- Corrosive soil that causes the line to deteriorate.
- Cracks in the line.
- Shifting of the earth that causes the lines to collapse.
- Tree roots that interfere with the line.
- Septic tank issues.
- Problems during a major construction project that interfere with the line.
Signs Your Sewer Line Needs Repairs
Don’t delay when your sewer line has problems that need to be repaired quickly. Some signs that can indicate you need professional help can include:
- Your home’s drains are slow to empty, or don’t empty at all.
- You have multiple drains that are clogged at one time.
- You notice a strong odour of sewage in or around your property.
- You hear bubbling sounds when you use the sink or flush the toilet.
- You notice standing water around the sewer line.
- There is water backing up in your tubs, toilets, and sinks.
Does your bathroom need a new look? Learn about our bathroom remodeling services.
How to Prevent Sewer Line Issues?
To avoid contamination in your home, it’s important to prevent sewer line problems before they occur. Some ways to avoid issues can include:
- Avoid putting certain items down the drain or toilet, including hygienic products, diapers, paper towels, cooking grease, food scraps and more.
- Before starting a large construction project, identify where your sewer lines are located.
- Plant trees and vegetation with large roots away from sewer lines.
- Put drain screens in your sinks, showers, and bathtubs to prevent debris - like hair - from going down the drain.