You encourage your family to drink plenty of water a day to stay healthy, but how safe is the water coming from your faucets? To ensure your water is safe for consumption, it’s important to ensure you have a functioning water purification system. Call The Super Plumber for water filtration system installations and repairs in Victoria, BC. We provide straightforward pricing and we guarantee to be on-time for appointments.
When your well pump needs repairs, contact us to learn about our water and sewer pump services.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
There are several types of water filtration systems you can select for your home. Some options can include:
- Charcoal filters: These are very common units and tend to be cost-effective.
- Sediment filters: These are especially good for filtering well water.
- Water distillers: These use energy to remove Cryptosporidium and minerals.
- Reverse osmosis: These remove Cryptosporidium and minerals to create bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline water ionizers: These add a milli-volt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH level.
- Ultraviolet water filters: These specialize in destroying germs. If you select this model you will need to replace the bulbs regularly.
- Magnetic water filters: These use magnets to reshape water minerals.
- Infrared water filters: These passively reshape the water structure.
- Catalytic systems: These use resin bead coatings to target specific toxins in the water.
Benefits of Professional Water Filtration Services
Installing a water filtration system can help improve your family’s health and safety. When you use a professional service company like The Super Plumber, we will install a whole-home filtration and treatment system - like reverse osmosis - that will remove odours, chlorine and other additives from your drinking water.
But what if you don’t know if you have additives in your water? This can be more common than you realize. The CRD adds both chlorine and ammonia to Greater Victoria’s drinking water to protect it against contaminants. The City of Nanaimo also uses chlorine - and occasionally ammonia - in its water. While these additives are not harmful to you, they can create displeasing tastes and odours in your water. If you smell a “fishy” or “grassy” odour coming from your water, it can also be a sign of algae.
To remove these additives, our plumbers make a Water Treatment Promise to you, meaning:
- We use the latest technologies.
- We install state-of-the-art filtration systems.
- We use laboratory testing to ensure water quality.
Don’t tolerate showering in standing water. Call us today to learn about our drain cleaning services.
Ways to Make Sure Your Well Water Is Safe to Drink
When your household relies on well water from your private well, it’s important to ensure it is safe to drink. Even if you don’t feel sick, it’s still possible that the water is unsafe to consume.
Each well is different - even if it is just a few meters apart from another private well - so it’s important to have the water tested regularly.
Call The Super Plumber to have our experts test your well water’s quality in a controlled laboratory and install filter systems to treat the water and remove contaminants and odours. We can monitor the water quality through regular maintenance.