Slow drains can be an inconvenience if you’re suddenly showering in standing water. They can also lead to smelly drains as blockages - and maybe even food - are stuck in the pipes. To avoid these situations, schedule regular drain cleaning services. The experts at The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services can remove tough blockages and perform routine services to keep small buildups from causing larger problems. We provide 24-hour plumbing services in Nanaimo, BC!
Do you need a new drain installed in your home? Contact us to learn about our drain replacement services.
Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning
It can be tempting to try to fix a clogged drain on your own. However, trying to get rid of a blockage with over-the-counter solutions can cause harm to your drains and pipes. Instead, when you notice the following issues at your home, call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services to schedule professional drain cleaning services with our experts:
- Slow drains: If water is slowly going down the drain in your sinks or showers, it can signal the early stages of a clog, pipes that are narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you are frequently needing to remove blockages from your drains it can indicate you need a professional to remove the clog once and for all.
- Multiple drains clogged at once: If you have multiple drains clogged at one time it can signal there’s a blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odour: If there are smells coming from your drains it can indicate there’s food trapped inside the pipes, or something more major like an issue with the sewer line.
- Flooding: If you notice signs of flooding in your basement, or near a floor drain, it can signal a clog. This is a serious situation as it can mean eventually the drain will stop working completely, resulting in contaminated water all over the floor.
Benefits of Regular Drain Cleaning Services
Hiring professionals to clean your drains instead of trying to remove a blockage yourself can have many advantages. Some of the benefits can include:
- Clear stubborn clogs that you are not able to remove yourself.
- Remove the blockage to eliminate slow drains.
- Lower the risk of plumbing emergencies by having a plumber inspect your pipes regularly.
- Reduce odours by removing the clogs.
- Catch other plumbing issues that might be impacting your drains.
Is your drain malfunctioning? Learn about our drain repair services.
Ways to Avoid Clogged Pipes
Clogged pipes can be a nuisance for your household. To avoid these inconveniences, use these tips:
- Don’t put food scraps down the drain. Instead, even if you have a garbage disposal, scrape food into the trash.
- Never pour grease down the drain. Put it into a container to cool and then throw it in the garbage.
- Put a screen over the drains in your bathtub and shower to collect hair before it goes down the drain.
- Only flush sewage and toilet paper down the toilet.
- Schedule regular professional drain cleanings.