We all know that we need to drink plenty of water each day to stay healthy, but what if the water in your home isn’t safe? Don’t risk your family’s health with unfiltered water. Ensure the water your family is drinking is high-quality, safe, and purified. Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services to have a whole-house water filtration system installed in your Nanaimo, BC home. Since 2006 we’ve provided quality plumbing services to our neighbours!
Issues to your sewer line can put your family’s health at risk. For immediate help, contact us about our sewer line repair services.
Types of Water Filtration Systems
You have many options when it comes to adding a water filtration system to your home. Here are some of the most common types and their benefits:
- Charcoal filters: These commonly used filters are one of the most cost-effective models.
- Sediment filters: This type is good for filtering well water.
- Water distillers: These use energy to remove Cryptosporidium and minerals.
- Reverse osmosis: These remove Cryptosporidium and minerals to create bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline water ionizers: This type adds a milli-volt charge to water and minerals, and shifts the pH level.
- Ultraviolet water filters: These are good for destroying germs, but the bulbs have a limited lifespan and need to be replaced often.
- Magnetic water filters: These reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared water filters: This type passively reshapes the water structure.
- Catalytic systems: These use resin bead coatings to target specific toxins in the water.
Required Maintenance on Filtration Systems
To ensure the drinking water in your home is safe for consumption, it’s important to keep your filtration system maintained so it works properly. While you can call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services for any repairs and professional services needed on your system, there are also simple tasks you can do between service visits. These can include:
- Occasionally replacing a carbon filter.
- Clean and replace the membrane in a reverse osmosis system. The pump may also require service from time to time.
- Clean the components in a water distillation filter.
- Replace the bulbs in an ultraviolet water filter.
Do you need a new drain installed? Contact us to learn about our drain replacement services.
Common Problems With Home Water Purification Systems
Occasionally, you might encounter issues with your whole-house water purification system. Some of the more common problems you might run into can include:
- If you have a carbon filtration system, the system may malfunction if the filters are not changed regularly.
- In a reverse osmosis system, the pump can suffer issues that can affect your water pressure.
- While a water distillation system may have less common problems than the other systems, it can take it longer to perform its job.
If you experience any issues with your system, call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services and let our experts diagnose and repair the problem.