Do you suspect you have an issue with your sewer line but aren’t certain? Before you schedule repairs, book a sewer video inspection. This non-invasive method can identify any issues in your line that need to be fixed. Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services for appointments in Victoria, BC. We provide straightforward pricing and guarantee we’ll arrive on-time!
Do you need your sewer line repaired but you don’t want your yard dug up? Ask us about our trenchless pipe repair services.
What Is a Sewer Video Inspection?
When you suspect you have an issue with your sewer line, schedule a sewer video inspection. This is a non-invasive and accurate way to check your sewer lines to identify if there is an issue. During this inspection, a plumber will insert a special, waterproof camera through the entire plumbing system and record a video that will pinpoint any issues that need to be repaired. This can save you time and money as it can identify a problem without undergoing extensive repairs.
Reasons to Schedule a Sewer Video Inspection
Sewer video inspections can be beneficial to help you identify problems in your sewer line. Some reasons to schedule a video inspection can include:
- There is a tree root invading your piping system. Over time, root buildups can cause cracks and blockages in your lines.
- You want to take on a remodeling project. You should have the piping system inspected to ensure it can handle the work -- including increased flow and waste if you are redoing your bathroom or kitchen.
- You are buying a new home. Standard house inspections might not check your sewer line, so this is a convenient way to ensure the piping system is in good working order before you buy the house.
- You experience frequent sewer or drain backups, slow drains or clogs.
When severe storms hit, avoid flooding in your basement by installing a sump pump. Contact us to learn about our repair and installation services.
Benefits of Sewer Video Inspection
Scheduling a sewer camera inspection can have many benefits. Some of the advantages to using this service can include:
- Accurately locate a leak: These devices can find the exact location of a leak or crack in your pipes.
- Avoid unnecessarily digging up your yard: Using the camera to detect if there is an issue and where it is located can prevent having large sections of your yard dug up as a plumber tries to find the leak.
- Check the condition of your pipes: This device can check the condition of your pipes - especially if they are older - to determine if there are signs of corrosion or wear and tear.
- Video to submit to insurance: If you need to submit an insurance claim, the video the camera captures can be submitted to the agency to demonstrate the problem.