Do you suspect you have an issue with your sewer line but aren’t certain? Before you schedule repairs, book a sewer video inspection. This non-invasive method can identify any issues in your line that need to be fixed. Call The Super Plumber for appointments in Victoria, BC. We provide straightforward pricing and guarantee we’ll arrive on-time!
Do you need your sewer line repaired but you don’t want your yard dug up? Ask us about our trenchless pipe repair services.
What Is a Sewer Video Inspection?
When you suspect you have an issue with your sewer line, schedule a sewer video inspection. This is a non-invasive and accurate way to check your sewer lines to identify if there is an issue. During this inspection, a plumber will insert a special, waterproof camera through the entire plumbing system and record a video that will pinpoint any issues that need to be repaired. This can save you time and money as it can identify a problem without undergoing extensive repairs.
Reasons to Schedule a Sewer Video Inspection
Sewer video inspections can be beneficial to help you identify problems in your sewer line. Some reasons to schedule a video inspection can include:
- There is a tree root invading your piping system. Over time, root buildups can cause cracks and blockages in your lines.
- You want to take on a remodeling project. You should have the piping system inspected to ensure it can handle the work -- including increased flow and waste if you are redoing your bathroom or kitchen.
- You are buying a new home. Standard house inspections might not check your sewer line, so this is a convenient way to ensure the piping system is in good working order before you buy the house.
- You experience frequent sewer or drain backups, slow drains or clogs.
When severe storms hit, avoid flooding in your basement by installing a sump pump. Contact us to learn about our repair and installation services.
Benefits of Sewer Video Inspection
Scheduling a sewer camera inspection can have many benefits. Some of the advantages to using this service can include:
- Accurately locate a leak: These devices can find the exact location of a leak or crack in your pipes.
- Avoid unnecessarily digging up your yard: Using the camera to detect if there is an issue and where it is located can prevent having large sections of your yard dug up as a plumber tries to find the leak.
- Check the condition of your pipes: This device can check the condition of your pipes - especially if they are older - to determine if there are signs of corrosion or wear and tear.
- Video to submit to insurance: If you need to submit an insurance claim, the video the camera captures can be submitted to the agency to demonstrate the problem.