DOES YOUR HOME HAVE POLY B PLUMBING?
Always There When You Need Us!
Everything You Need to Know About Poly B Plumbing
- From the late 1970s through to the mid-1990s, Poly B plumbing was used by builders and renovators across North America.
- It was considered to be flexible and affordable at the time.
- However, it was later discovered that Poly B plumbing had a molecular deficiency causing it to become brittle, crack, and fail under certain circumstances.
- Burst Poly B pipes cause flooding in both homes and apartments.
- Up until 2005, homeowners could make claims through a class-action lawsuit for reimbursement of Poly B repair/replacement costs.
- Unfortunately, this reimbursement program is no longer available to homeowners.
How do you know if you have Poly B piping in your home?
- If your home was built or extensively renovated between the late-70s and mid-90s.
- Poly B piping was known for its signature colour, generally a light grey with copper connectors and elbows.
- Look near the water heater or in the furnace room where the water pipes enter the wall.
- Additionally, look under the sink where the piping is typically exposed.
- If you are unsure, a The Super Plumber licensed plumber can help you verify if Poly B plumbing exists in your home.
What is the ongoing risk to my home from Poly B piping?
- If you have Poly B piping, the risk of ongoing deterioration is still present, and the eventual failure rate is almost certainly 100%.
- You could experience a burst pipe at any time.
- A burst pipe could result in a flood, damage to your home, and disruption to your life.
- Choosing to not replace Poly B piping could seriously devalue your home when you choose to sell it.
- Prospective buyers and their agents may demand significant discounts on the price of your home if you have not replaced Poly B piping.
The Super Plumber Plumbing’s expert plumbers have been in the plumbing business for over 25 years and specialize in preventing plumbing issues from occurring.
Have more questions about what Poly B plumbing can do to your home, or how to replace it?
- Our team is experienced in the removal of Poly B pipes.
- We will replace them with proven piping products.
- Replacing Poly B plumbing will help preserve the value of your home.
- Prevent a plumbing emergency from impacting your family and your home.
Contact The Super Plumber Plumbing for a no-charge plumbing inspection, and see how we can help you enjoy every part of your home.
Don’t trust your home’s plumbing needs to anyone else in Victoria, BC! Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services today at 250-800-5490.