Are there white crystals around your faucets? Are your clothes wearing out sooner than expected? Are there hard-water stains in your bathtub or appliances? These can all be signs of hard water. If left untreated, this can cause damage to your pipes and appliances. To prevent this, you need a functioning water softener. Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services to schedule water softener repair and installation services in Victoria, BC and the surrounding metro area. We provide straightforward pricing and guarantee we’ll arrive on-time!
How clean is the water your family is drinking? To keep your household healthy, ask about our water filtration services.
Benefits of Installing a Water Softener
Hard water can cause extensive - and costly - damage to your appliances and other household items. To prevent these issues, you can install a water softener. Some of the advantages water softeners provide include:
- Cleaner and shinier silverware and glassware without hard-water spots.
- Softer and cleaner feeling hair and skin.
- Less soap scum on the shower or tub.
- Softer fabrics that last longer and stay brighter.
- Longer lasting appliances, such as coffee and ice makers, dishwashers, washing machines and water heaters.
Water Softener Maintenance Tips
To keep your appliances and pipes safe from hard water, it’s important to keep your water softener properly maintained. Some tasks you should perform regularly can include:
- Add rock salt to the unit on a regular basis. It’s important to not let the tank empty.
- Clean the system at least once a year.
- Have your unit inspected by a certified plumber once a year. These tune-ups can help keep your system working properly and expand its lifespan.
When you need a garbage disposal repaired or a new faucet installed, ask us about our kitchen plumbing services.
Signs You Have Hard Water
Are you uncertain if you have hard water? Because it can cause damage to your appliances, it’s important to be aware of a hard water issue as soon as possible. Some signs to watch for can include:
- Spots on glasses: If you notice spots on your glassware, even after washing them.
- Low water pressure: If your showerhead and faucets have low water pressure, it can mean there is a buildup of minerals that is clogging the fixtures.
- Faded clothing: If your clothes are starting to fade in color and are wearing out faster than usual.
- Irritation: If your skin feels dry and your hair is brittle.