Does your traditional hot water heater run out of the water before your entire family is done showering? Do you have to plan loads of laundry around your kids’ bathing schedules to ensure there’s hot water for both? Don’t waste time waiting for hot water - consider installing a tankless hot water heater. These units are more energy-efficient than traditional systems and provide hot water on-demand! Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services to learn about our installation and repair services in the Nanaimo, BC area. We provide 24/7 plumbing services!
Are you not quite ready to make the jump to a tankless water heater? Learn about our traditional water heater services.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
While it can be a difficult choice in determining if you should install a traditional water heater or a tankless unit in your home, there are certain benefits tankless systems offer that traditional units do not. Some of the advantages can include:
- It only heats the exact amount of water needed. This can save you money on your monthly utility bills.
- Requires less maintenance than traditional units.
- Poses less risk of contaminated water since water is not being stored in a tank.
- Takes up less space than traditional models.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Water Heater Units
Like all appliances, there is no guarantee of how long a tankless water heater will last. However, these systems typically have a long lifespan - ranging between 10 to 20 years - or longer. Of course, the longevity of the unit depends on how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of water it is heating. The lifespan can also vary based on the unit’s make and model.
Are your aging pipes starting to require more and more repairs? Contact us to learn about our repiping services.
Common Issues With On-Demand Water Heaters
While there are many advantages to instant hot water heaters, there are some issues you might encounter during the installation process or while using it. Some of these can include:
- Cost: The initial cost of the system is more expensive than a traditional unit, however, the money you will save on energy usage will soon outweigh the price of the system.
- Installation: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting, and electrical expertise are required. This is why only a professional should install a system.
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months. Schedule regular maintenance with a plumber to avoid this.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the heater was improperly sized for its usage. Before purchasing a unit, make sure it’s the right size for your house.
Water Heater Installation London ON
There’s nothing quite like the luxury of consistent hot water. So, if you’ve been experiencing less-than-perfect showers, it might be the right moment to explore a new water heater for your home in London, Ontario, with the professional help of the team at M&K Heating and Air Conditioning!
Reliable Hot Water Heater Installation
With 40 years of experience partnering with homeowners throughout London, Ontario and the surrounding areas, the team at M&K Heating and Air Conditioning is your trusted partner for quick, reliable hot water installation services.
We have an extensive selection of tankless units that can provide instantaneous hot water throughout your home no matter what time of day it is! Are you interested in upgrading your home’s hot water supply? Book a consultation with us today to meet with a home comfort advisor and learn more about our fantastic discounts and financing options! Homeowners will also receive a complimentary new system purchase quote!
The Tankless Water Heater Advantage
Bring on the tankless era and wave goodbye to traditional water heaters! It’s time to think about the benefits of switching to a contemporary tankless water heater if your house is fitted with an old tank water heater that has seen better days. Don’t believe us? Take a look at some of these benefits in more detail below:
- Longer longevity: Compared to tank water heaters, tankless heaters often have a lifespan of 20 years or more.
- Customizable water temperature: Tankless water heaters provide you more control over your hot water supply by letting you select the temperature of the water itself.
- Environmentally friendly: Tankless water heaters are incredibly more eco-friendly since they emit fewer contaminants and use less energy.
- Safer for your home: Since tankless water heaters do not have a large tank that could break down or leak, your property is less likely to sustain water damage.
- Energy savings: Tankless water heaters use a small amount of energy when compared to traditional tank water heaters. This is because they only heat the water when required rather than keeping it in a tank, which results in less energy being wasted. As a result, you can reduce your utility costs and keep more money in your wallet!
- Long-lasting comfort: Hot water is always accessible thanks to tankless water heaters. There won’t be a lack of hot water, even if you take long showers!
- Small design: Tankless water heaters are significantly smaller and more transportable than tank water heaters. They can be placed on walls or put in small spaces to conserve crucial space on the floor.
Are you ready to enjoy these advantages? If so, do not be reluctant to get in touch with the staff at M&K Heating and Air Conditioning to arrange an at-home consultation appointment with a home comfort advisor!
If you want to save money on your new water heater, be sure to ask us about our fantastic seasonal discounts and flexible financing options! You will also get a cost-free quote for a new system purchase!
Hot Water Heater Installation FAQs
How do I know if I need a new hot water tank?
The typical lifespan of a standard tank water heater is 8 to 12 years. If your water heater is getting old or has reached this age, it’s an excellent time to start considering replacement, even if it seems to be operating properly. Here are some other signs that can indicate it’s time to upgrade your hot water tank:
- Your monthly bills for water are going up.
- Your heater is making strange noises.
- Water accumulating or dripping around your tank.
- No hot water coming from your faucets.
- Corrosion and rust on the inside or outside of your hot water tank.
- You frequently need to request repairs from a technician to keep your water tank working.
Do these signs look familiar to you? If so, it may be time to upgrade your conventional hot water tank with an energy-efficient tankless hot water heater! Not only do they save money on your monthly bills, but they also prevent water damage in your home and have a longer lifespan of over 20 years!
To learn more about the options available to you, we encourage you to reach out to the team at M&K Heating and Air Conditioning to schedule a consultation appointment. During this appointment, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with a professional home comfort advisor and learn more about what options are available to you!
We’ll also give you the inside scoop on our available discounts and financing options, along with a complimentary new system purchase quote!
What is the best type of water heater to never run out of hot water?
Your home will have instant hot water if you install a tankless hot water heater. Tankless water heaters, also known as demand-based water heaters, heat water as it passes through them, providing you with hot water on demand anytime you require it. They not only take up less space and use less energy than conventional water heaters, but they also ensure that your household has constant hot water all year round.
Interested in upgrading to instant hot water? Book a consultation with M&K Heating and Air Conditioning in London, Ontario, today! Ask us about our amazing promotional offers and accommodating financing options if you want to save money on your new water heater! A free quote for the purchase of a new system will also be provided!
Who is best to install a water heater?
The best individual to install a hot water heater in your home is a professional HVAC technician who has the proper qualifications and experience. Their knowledge ensures that electrical or gas lines are safe and leak-free, lowering safety concerns. You also have the assurance that the water heater will function more efficiently and have a longer lifespan with proper sizing and installation. Installation by a professional is also necessary to uphold the manufacturer’s guarantees so you don’t get stuck with a bill for any damage that may happen later on.
Ultimately, hiring qualified professionals ensures compliance with safety regulations, an effective hot water supply, and peace of mind.
We have the utmost confidence in our work and our people and want to make sure you do, too. That’s why we offer a 2-year guarantee to repair, replace, or refund. Whatever you need until you’re 100% satisfied.