If your household relies on well water, it’s important to have a functioning pump to ensure your family has safe drinking water in your home. For water well pump repairs or replacements, call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services. We offer 24-hour emergency plumbing services in Victoria, BC.
Do you suspect you have a gas leak in your home? Act quickly and contact us about our gas leak detection services.
Types of Well Water Pumps
When you rely on well water for drinking water in your home or building, it’s important to install the right type of pump for your residential or commercial property.
Some types of pumps you can install include:
- Shallow well pumps
- Deep well pumps
- Submersible well pumps
- Waste water and sewage pumps
- Ground water pumps
- Well pressure tanks
Signs Your Well Water Pump Needs Repairs
You need your well water pump to function properly to get safe water in your house. To prevent a loss of water, it’s important to have the pump serviced at the first signs of trouble. Some symptoms that can indicate your pump needs to be repaired can include:
- It’s pumping air.
- It’s pumping sand or large amounts of sediment.
- The water pressure is low.
- Your utility bill has suddenly increased.
- The water quality has changed.
- There’s dissolved gasses and air in the well water.
- The pressure switch and pump continuously cycles on and off.
When remodeling your kitchen, hire an expert to install your new faucets. Call us to learn about our kitchen plumbing services.
What You Need to Know About Sewer Pumps
To prevent sewage pump repairs, it’s important to know how these are expected to work so you can be more aware of problems and schedule repairs sooner. Some information you should know about sewer pumps includes:
- Why some homes have one: These are installed in properties where sewage needs assistance to travel to your septic system.
- Why getting a unit of the correct size is important: A pump has to be able to provide sufficient power to move waste at a minimum rate. To ensure this happens, there are many different sizes and models available so you can select a unit that best serves your home.
- Why what you flush down the toilet matters: Pumps can be sensitive to certain items that are flushed down a toilet, including oils, disposable wipes, hygiene products, and other items.