If left untreated, plumbing issues can cause severe water damage to your home. That’s why it’s important to schedule repairs on your sewer line, sump pump, water heater and more at the first signs of trouble. Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services for 24-hour emergency plumbing repairs in the Sooke, BC area. When you book an appointment with us, we guarantee an on-time arrival.
Read our testimonials to learn why your Sooke neighbours choose us for all of their plumbing needs.
We provide quality, on-time plumbing services to the Sooke, BC area, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Drain Cleaning Services
- Water Heater Services
- Tankless Water Heater Services
- Water Main & Burst Pipe Repair Services
- Sewer Line Repair Services
- Sump Pump Services
- Water Filtration Services
- Kitchen Plumbing Services
- Bathroom Remodeling Services
Be Aware of What Causes Burst Pipes
Burst pipes are a plumbing emergency that need to be repaired as soon as possible to limit the amount of damage to your home. To avoid these issues, it’s important to be aware of what could cause burst pipes.
- Freezing temperatures: Extremely cold temperatures can cause the water inside pipes to freeze and expand until they eventually burst.
- Major clogs: Blockages can cause water pressure to build-up, leading to a burst.
- Aging pipes: As they age, pipes will corrode and crack with wear and tear.
- Tree roots: If planted too close to the pipes, tree roots can infiltrate your system.
- Shift: A shift in the earth can cause damage to your pipes.
- Construction: A major construction project can put pipes at risk if they are disrupted.
What to Expect During Routine Water Heater Maintenance?
Your family relies on your water heater for hot water and comfort. To ensure it’s functioning properly you need to have the unit inspected regularly. When a plumber performs a tune-up you can expect him or her to perform the following tasks:
- Drain the basin and remove any buildup of sediment.
- Inspect the inside and outside of the unit to look for hairline cracks or signs of aging.
- Check for damage to the hoses.
- Inspect and change your filters when needed.
- Make sure the unit is operating with maximum efficiency.
Don’t stress about the bill when you need emergency plumbing repairs. Ask us about our financing options.
Simple Ways to Avoid Clogged Drains
Clogged drains can cause major inconveniences for your household, from showering in standing water to enduring foul odours coming from your drains. To avoid these problems, it’s important to prevent blockages in your drains by:
- Keeping food scraps out of kitchen drains by scraping them into the trash can and not down the garbage disposal. Putting the wrong types of food down the disposal can cause clogs and other damage.
- Putting liquid grease in a sealable container and then throwing it in the trash instead of down the drain.
- Keeping hair out of bathroom drains by installing screens over drains.
- Only flushing toilet paper and waste.
- Scheduling regular professional drain cleanings with a plumber.