Have you noticed signs of water damage in your home? Is there water pooling around your house? These can indicate you have a water leak. To prevent the damage from getting worse, get professional help quickly. Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services to schedule water leak detection services. We provide 24-hour emergency repair services to our neighbours in the Victoria, BC area.
Do you suspect you have a gas leak at your home? Schedule an appointment with our experts for our gas leak detection services.
Causes of Hidden Water Leaks
Hidden water leaks can cause severe damage to your home. To try to limit the extent of the repairs, it’s important to be aware of potential leaks and what can cause them. Some potential causes of leaky pipes can include:
- Aging pipes.
- Freezing pipes.
- Poorly installed pipes.
- Tree roots.
- Cracks in your system.
- Other major obstructions that can cause damage to your pipe lines if not removed.
If you suspect you have a leak, call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services for professional water leak detection services.
Property and Health Risks Caused by Leaking Pipes
Leaking pipes can do more than create a mess in your home. They can also cause severe damage that can impact your house and even your health. Some of the risks include:
- Flooding in your home, yard and surrounding property.
- Severe property damage to your house that can lead to mould and mildew.
- Health hazards caused by a broken sewer line.
- Damage to your piping system.
- Electrical shortages that could put you and your family at risk.
- Higher water bills.
Leave your whole home repiping needs to the professionals! Contact us today to learn more about our repiping services.
How to Avoid Leaks in Your Piping System
Leaking pipes can create a mess in your house and can lead to severe damage. To avoid these problems, you can prevent leaks from forming in your piping system by:
- Having your pipes inspected regularly by a plumber.
- Having your old or damaged pipes replaced.
- Insulating pipes during cold weather to avoid freezing.
- Scheduling professional drain cleaning services.
- Not putting harmful materials down your drains.
- Being aware of where your pipes run underground and avoiding major construction projects near them.
- Planting trees away from pipelines.