Does your household run out of hot water by the time the last person takes a shower? Is your utility bill increasing as you pay more to keep your water heater tank hot? A tankless water heater might be the right solution for your home. To learn more or to schedule repairs and installations in Victoria, BC, call The Super Plumber. We provide straightforward pricing and guarantee we’ll arrive on time!
Are you not quite ready to make the change to a tankless unit? Contact us to learn about our traditional water heater services.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
When buying a new water heater, you might not think about purchasing a tankless unit. However, there are advantages to installing an on-demand water heater in your home. Some benefits can include:
- It saves you money by using less energy and only heating the exact amount of water that’s needed.
- It requires less maintenance than traditional units.
- It poses less risk of contaminated water as it isn’t stored in a tank.
- It takes up less space than traditional models as a tank doesn’t need to be installed.
Life Expectancy of Tankless Units
Like all appliances, there is no guarantee of how long a tankless water heater will last. However, these units can last a long time - typically between 10 to 20 years, or longer, depending on the make and model. Life expectancy can also vary based on how well the system is maintained, how often it is used, and the quality of the water in your home.
When a plumbing emergency hits, you need help right away to help limit the damage to your house. Ask us about our 24-hour emergency services.
Issues You Might Encounter With On-Demand Water Heaters
It’s never convenient to have an appliance malfunction, but from time-to-time they might need professional repairs. Tankless water heaters are no exception. Some common problems you might experience with these units can include:
- Installation issues: During installation, extensive piping, proper venting and electrical expertise are required. If a unit isn’t installed correctly by a professional it can result in damage to the unit or the piping system.
- Buildup: Corrosion and mineral buildup may occur if the unit is not flushed every six months. Scheduling regular tune-ups with a plumber can eliminate this.
- Overload: Product overload can occur if the right-sized unit was not purchased for the home.