Gas line repairs cannot be delayed, as these can lead to dangerous consequences for your family and home. As soon as you suspect there’s an issue, you should schedule professional services to avoid explosions or health risks to your family. Call The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services for 24/7 services in Victoria, BC when you need gas line repairs or installations.
Do you have a stubborn blockage in your drains? Ask us about our hydro jetting services.
Signs Your Gas Lines Need to Be Repaired or Replaced
To limit the risks of gas line issues, it’s important to have them repaired immediately. If you notice the following signs that may indicate a problem with your gas line, schedule an appointment with a professional:
- Unfamiliar hissing or roaring sounds near your gas line.
- Gas-powered appliances malfunction or no longer work efficiently.
- A previous gas leak in the same line.
- An increase in your gas bills although your usage hasn’t changed.
- Part of your gas line is visible.
- An aging gas line.
Common Symptoms of a Gas Leak
It’s important to know the signs of a gas leak to be able to evacuate your home as soon as possible. Some symptoms that can signal a gas leak can include:
- Bad odours. These can smell like rotten eggs.
- Dying plants around your home or yard.
- Excess condensation on your windows.
- Health issues experienced by members of your household - such as nausea or dizziness.
- Damaged connections to gas-powered appliances.
- Hissing or roaring sounds near your gas pipes.
When a plumbing issue occurs at your home, don’t delay before getting help. Learn about our 24-hour emergency services.
What to Do When You Have a Gas Leak?
When you have a gas leak, every minute counts to ensure your safety. If you know -- or even suspect -- you have a leak, you should follow these steps.
- Evacuate your home: You need to leave the property immediately and be careful not to turn on any lights or electronics, and not light any flames. You also need to avoid starting any vehicles - even if they are in your garage or parked on the street. Any spark can cause an explosion.
- Call emergency professionals for help: They can help identify and repair the problem before any damage is done to your home or property.