Don’t put your family’s health at risk. If your water has an odd taste or odour, you should have it tested to ensure it’s not contaminated. Call The Super Plumber to schedule water testing on your system in the Nanaimo, BC area to make sure it’s safe for your family to consume. We provide 24-hour plumbing services to our customers!
Make sure your family is drinking pure, safe water. Contact us to install a water filtration system in your home.
What to Ask a Water Treatment Professional
When you hire a professional to treat your water, you should ask him or her specific questions to learn more about your water and your filtration system. Some questions you should consider asking can include:
- What does the water test show about my water?
- Does the test reveal all contaminants I should be concerned about or is more testing needed?
- Do I need a whole-house treatment to correctly address the issues in my water, or can I use a single-tap system?
- What water filtration system do you recommend?
- Do you offer follow-up testing after installing a system to ensure it’s working correctly?
Advantages of Scheduling Water Treatment Services
To make sure your drinking water is safe for consumption, you should schedule services with water treatment professionals to test your water and correct any needed issues. Some of the benefits of these services can include:
- It can prevent your family from getting sick. Water treatments can remove contaminants from your water that can make your household ill. Professional treatments can ensure your water is safe to drink.
- It can remove toxic materials from the water. Untreated water may contain dangerous minerals, including lead and copper. Treatments can remove these and ensure the water is safe for consumption.
- It can expand the lifespan of your appliances and plumbing systems. These treatments can get rid of hard water in your home. If not treated, hard water can damage your pipes and appliances.
- It can make your water taste better. You might not realize that your water has an odd taste until it’s treated. Professionals can remove musty tastes from your water, helping it taste more pure.
Don’t let hard water damage your appliances. Learn about our water softener services.
Types of Water Treatment Systems
There are several types of water treatment systems that you can install in your home to purify your water. Some of the most common types include:
- Filtration systems: These remove contaminants through a barrier or a chemical or biological process.
- Water softeners: These can treat hard water by replacing calcium and magnesium ions with sodium or potassium ions.
- Distillation systems: These boil the water and then collect and condense the steam. This process removes solid contaminants.
- Disinfection: During this process, microorganisms are deactivated or killed through the use of disinfectants like chlorine, or a physical disinfectant like ultraviolet light.