Is your piping system starting to show signs of aging or corrosion? It can be time to replace the pipes. Repiping your home is a large project, so to ensure it is done safely and correctly, it’s important to hire a trusted service company - like The Super Plumber - Plumbing and Drain Services - to do the work. Call us to schedule services in Victoria, BC. We provide straightforward pricing and guarantee we’ll arrive on-time!
When a plumbing emergency like a burst pipe occurs at your home, call us for 24-hour emergency services.
Signs You Need Whole Home Repiping Services
Replacing the pipes throughout your home is a large undertaking. However, it is a project you can’t delay if your pipes are starting to fail. If you notice the following signs, you should schedule repiping services in your home soon:
- Your pipes need frequent repairs.
- The water in your home is an unusual colour or taste.
- Your system has decreased water pressure.
- Your system is aging.
- Your system is leaking.
- There is corrosion in your current piping system.
- There is damage to the system.
Benefits of Installing Copper Pipes
There are several types of pipes you can choose from when repiping your home, including copper pipes. These pipes are typically used for supply lines and refrigerant lines in HVAC systems. Some of the benefits of installing copper pipes can include:
- They can be used for hot and cold freshwater lines.
- They can be used for drain-waste-vent lines.
- They are allowed by most plumbing codes.
- They resist corrosion.
- They have a long lifespan.
- They can tolerate cold weather.
- They can be installed without the use of hazardous chemicals.
- They’re lightweight and recyclable.
Do you suspect you have a leak? Contact us to learn about our water leak detection services.
Advantages of PEX Pipes
When repiping your house, you might opt for PEX pipes - a cross-linked polyethylene pipe. PEX pipes can be preferred over other types of pipes because:
- They are better for the environment than other plastic pipes.
- They can be recycled.
- They require fewer fittings and are less likely to leak.
- They are extremely flexible and easy to install.
- They are highly durable.
- They are more cost-effective than other types of pipes.