When planning a bathroom remodel you might be focused on choosing new tile and fixtures, but it’s important to also remember important plumbing details. Having a plumber ensures your pipes are routed correctly and your new tub and sinks are installed properly can prevent major damage from occurring in your home. Call The Super Plumber to help with your remodel in the Victoria, BC area. We guarantee to perform quality work and to arrive on-time!
A clogged toilet can cause water damage to your home. To protect your house, call us today to learn about our clogged toilet repair services.
Plumbing Issues to Consider During a Bathroom Remodel
When remodeling a bathroom in your home, it’s important to hire a plumber who can troubleshoot potential plumbing issues to prevent damage to your property. Some plumbing issues to consider during a remodel can include:
- Pipe rerouting: This may be needed if there are cracks, fractures or obstructions to correct.
- Leaks: If a leak is detected, the plumber can determine the best course of action to repair it.
- Slope: The slope of your bathroom should be assessed when considering your remodel.
5 Reasons to Replace Your Toilet
Is replacing your toilet part of your bathroom remodel plan? While you might not need to replace all of your bathroom fixtures when updating your bathroom, here are five reasons why you might want to install a new toilet:
- Age: If your toilet is aging and you’ve experienced issues with it recently, it can be more cost-effective to replace it than to buy new parts.
- Cracks: Cracks can expand and cause water damage.
- Constant clogs: Frequent clogs can be due to an older design.
- Wear and tear: Visible scratches and signs of aging can make the unit look dirty or worn.
- High utility bills: Older toilets use more water than newer models, which can take a toll on your monthly water bills.
Do you have hard water in your home? Before it damages your appliances and pipes, contact us to learn about our water softener services.
Signs You Need a New Bathtub
When remodeling your bathroom you might want to consider installing a new bathtub. While your current unit might look OK, if you notice the following issues with the tub it can be time to replace it with a newer model:
- Cracks: If there are cracks in your unit these can get worse over time and can cause water damage.
- Limescale stains: These can be hard to remove and are unsightly.
- Leaking: Any leaks can cause water damage to your home.