Brody Funk was born and raised in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. After completing his apprenticeship, obtaining his Class A gasfitting license, and Red Seal plumber certification, he continued to practice his craft in the prairies. While visiting his folks on the Island for the holidays with his then two young daughters, Emerie and Eden, and wife Amanda, they fell in love with the climate of the southwest coast.
In 2006, they decided to pack up the house and kids and make a move to the Island. They settled in Duncan, close to Brody’s parents. Upon arrival Brody immediately opened up The Super Plumber. During his visits out to the Island, Brody had noticed that while other local plumbers and gasfitters were quality people and good at their craft, the industry as a whole seemed to be lacking some basic service principles that make life simple and convenient for the client.
Brody decided that from day one he would focus on the following aspects of his business, making them the core that the company would build its foundation and reputation off of:
The Super Mantra
Extraordinary people, providing extraordinary service.
The Super Mission
To be the market leader in plumbing services and installations in Victoria and Vancouver Island, BC by providing extraordinary craftsmanship and unmatched customer service.
The Super Vision
We regard our employees’ satisfaction as equally important to customer satisfaction and company profitability. We subscribe to the premise of win, win, win.
- We will serve our customers with integrity, competence and objectivity.
- We will deliver to our customer, all that we promised through value-added services.
- We will perform our work to meet technical codes or better.
- We will explore each customer situation to sufficient detail and gather sufficient facts to gain an understanding of the problems, the scope of assistance needed, and the possible benefits our service and technical recommendations may provide our customers.
- We will respect each customer's home and property and leave them as clean as we found them.
- We will achieve 10% revenue growth.
- We will achieve 10% net profit.
- We will adhere to, and follow the Golden Rule.
The Super Guiding Principles
- We will be On-Time, Honest, Organized, Educated, Dependable, Happy, Fair, Flexible, Appreciative, and work with Integrity.
- We will raise the standard and exceed the expectations of our clients, co-workers, and community at large.
- We see it, own it, solve it, do it, and say it directly - with respect.
- We bring more energy to work than we take.
- We respect our co-workers and honor engaged employees with financial growth and career opportunities through continual training and accountability.
- We have a physical environment that is clean and professional.
- We provide bad news early and good news often.
The Super Guarantee
The Super Plumber will show up on time. The job will be done right. The client will know the price before we start, and never pay a dime more than the quoted price. The client will be happy.
With these objectives in place, The Super Plumber was set in motion. The company started small and organically in Duncan. By 2008, The Super Plumber expanded into Nanaimo, and in 2012 Brody bought a plumbing company in Victoria. While the company continues to see significant growth every year, Brody and his employees continue to focus on the fundamentals that are still the company’s foundation. Brody realizes that a service business is only as good as the people it employs and therefore he is exceptionally proud of all of his staff. He also continues to be very careful about whom he allows taking care of The Super Plumber’s clients as the business continues to grow.
Brody loves serving his employees and helping them grow as individuals, which ultimately helps them serve the company and the client. He spends all of his spare time with his family (3 kids now) and is constantly looking for ways to further educate himself on his craft and the service industry. If for any reason you would like to reach him, please feel free to fill out the form below. Thank you for allowing Brody and his team to be of service to you and your family.